T-Fal Optisteam Garment Steamer
Most guys out there use irons to remove wrinkles from clothing but today I’m here to speak about the advantages of using a garment steamer over an iron and to review the T-Fal Optisteam Garment Steamer.
• Steaming is a safe, gentle method of removing crinkles from fabric whereas ironing can cause the fabric fibres to become distorted under the hot plate.
• Steaming actually relaxes the fabric fiber and increases the life of your clothes especially on delicate materials such as merino wool, silk and pima cotton.
• It is the safest and easiest way to remove crinkles from cotton clothes, coats, winter jackets etc.
Now onto the review.
The T-Fal Optisteam Garment Steamer was easy to set up, out of the box it takes around 5 minutes. For the first item, I tested a sports blazer. Turned on, it takes around 60 seconds for the steam to start to jet out (the packaging states this as well). I left the steam near the crinkles for a few seconds and then brushed them out. In about two minutes, I had a wrinkle free blazer!! The steamer has a control pod and you can use it to adjust the level of steam additionally the on/off switch is located there to.
For the second item I pulled out my most crinkled shirt. I used the hooks on the bottom to keep the shirt in place. The steamer worked like a pro, in about a minute I had a perfectly wrinkle free shirt. It’s important to state that the steamer does not give you a perfect crease or a perfectly pressed collar, but it is highly effective at what it’s meant to do, keep the wrinkles and creases out.
The other feature which I loved is the built in hanger with hooks and a bar near the bottom with hooks. This is perfect for trousers as you can grip the top and bottom using the hooks, works for shirts to.
• Powerful 1500 Watts for professional steaming results.
• 30g/mn continuous steam.
• Variable steam settings to adjust to fabric options (5 settings), located conveniently on the handle.
• Safety Auto-Off function.
• Beeps to alert when tank is empty.
• Large 2.6L removable water tank.
• Integrated hanger with rotary movement for easy storage.
• Adjustable Dual clip system for pants.
• Fabric brush included.
• Durable steam hose with protective cover.
• Easy rolling wheels for transporting.
So there you have it, priced at $139.99(you can find it cheaper online and check for sales)the T-Fal Optisteam Garment Steamer is a MUST buy item for or everyone who take clothing seriously.